NYOrtho WaveForm Wheelchair Cushion Cooling Gel-Foam High Density Non Slip Water Resistant Prevent Pressure Injuries
Patients at risk for pressure ulcers.
The NYOrtho WaveForm Gel-Foam Cushion is designed to complement the body’s natural form and movement. As the name implies, the waveform-inspired design conforms to the body’s shape more effectively, providing better support. A waterfall front curves to the natural shape of the leg trough while lateral and medial leg contours promote a slight leg abduction. A coccyx cutout reduces pressure in the affected area.
- Medial thigh separator positions the legs, providing slight abduction for enhanced comfort and stability.
- Coccyx cutout alleviates pressure on the tailbone area, increasing comfort during prolonged periods of sitting.
- Waterfall front slopes downward, offering additional comfort for the legs and contributing to a more natural seated position.
- Internal gel-pod minimizes gel migration in the area of highest pressure and dissipates metabolic heat, continuously maintaining a cool interface between the body and cushion.
- Dual density foam layers provides a soft visco top entry layer promoting direct interface with cooling gel-pod and a higher density base layer for support and pressure distribution.
- High-performance pressure reducing fabric promotes healing via active evaporation of moisture and cooling at patient pressure points. Antimicrobial, water-resistant and mildew-resistant.
- Aggressive non-slip bottom ensures secure placement on the wheelchair, enhancing safety and usability.
- Meets CA 117-2013 standards.