NYOrtho Stars & Stripes Gait Belt Transfer Belts, Metal Buckle Assistance Safety Device Caregiver Help Support Patient Around Waist, Lift, Sit, Stand, Walk, Ambulate, Fall Prevention
Patients requiring assistance with transfer or ambulation.
NYOrtho Gait / Transfer Belts provide caregivers with a leveraged hold on the patient/resident to assist in safe transfer/ambulation and help prevent caregiver back injuries.
- Nickel-plated, metal buckles offer superior hold and durability
- Constructed of heavy-duty 2″ cotton webbing
- Machine washable
- NYOrtho Gait Belt Instructions 9503 Series
Find out more about this product:Ask a Representative Purchase
Customers who bought this product also bought
Essentially, there is no difference between a gait belt and transfer belt. Rather, both names refer two different uses of a device used to assist weakened individuals . The term gait belt refers to a belt grasped by the caregiver to help prevent falls while walking or moving. A transfer belt refers to a device grasped by the caregiver that assists in lifting or moving a person from one place to another.
- Place the belt around patient’s waist with the tag facing outward and the buckle centered.
- Thread the metal-tipped end through the buckle hinge over the teeth and tighten.
- Thread the metal-tipped end through the front buckle opening.
- Pull tight at each end of the webbing to ensure the belt is secure
Typically, there are three standard sizes: 54, 60 and 72 inch. To choose the correct size gait belt, use a soft tape to measure the circumference around the widest part of your body where you plan to wear the gait belt and then select the size that is closest to your measurements.