NYOrtho APEX Wheelchair Cushion Cooling Waveform Gel-Foam High Density Non Slip Water Resistant Prevent Pressure Injuries
Patients at risk for pressure ulcers.
The NYOrtho APEX™ Waveform Gel-Foam Cushion, customized to provide greater lateral stability, features an innovative design that chambers the gel-pod closer to the top of the cushion, providing a cooler interface between the patient and wheelchair. Internal quad gel-pod chamber evenly maintains gel in the area of the highest pressure, preventing skin breakdown. A high-performance stretch cover improves moisture evaporation and enhances the APEX™ design features.
- Waveform design provides raised front, controlling forward thrust to maintain pelvic neutrality and elevate sides for lateral stability.
- Designed to off load tissue under the coccyx thereby eliminating pressure under the coccyx.
- Innovative APEX design cools and reduces body interface pressure.
- Dual density foam layers provide a soft top entry layer, promoting direct interface with cooling gel-pod, and a higher density base layer for support and pressure distribution.
- Four Chambered gel-pod minimizes gel migration in the area of highest pressure and dissipates metabolic heat, continuously maintaining a cool interface between the body and cushion.
- High-performance pressure reducing fabric promotes healing via active evaporation of moisture and cooling at patient pressure points. Antimicrobial, water-resistant and mildew-resistant.
- Aggressive non-slip bottom with easy to attach quick-release straps keep cushion in place.
- Meets CA 117-2013 standards.