NYOrtho APEX Wedge Wheelchair Cushion Cooling Gel-Foam Stop Forward Sliding High Density Non Slip Water Resistant Prevent Pressure Injuries
Patients at low risk for pressure injuries, requiring posture support, that are inclined to slide forward.
The NYOrtho APEX™ Wedge Gel-Foam Cushion, designed for patients inclined to slide forward, features an innovative design that chambers the dual gel-pod closer to the top of the cushion, providing a cooler interface between the patient and wheelchair. A high-performance stretch cover improves moisture evaporation, enhancing APEX™ design features.
- Wedge design helps prevent forward sliding.
- Innovative APEX design cools and reduces body interface pressure.
- Dual density foam layers provide a soft top entry layer promoting direct interface with cooling gel-pod and a higher density base layer for support and pressure distribution.
- Dual chambered cooling gel-pod reduces gel migration and dissipates metabolic heat, continuously maintaining a cool interface between the body and cushion.
- Available four chambered gel-pod minimizes gel migration in the area of highest pressure.
- High-performance pressure reducing fabric promotes healing via active evaporation of moisture and cooling at patient pressure points. Antimicrobial, water-resistant and mildew-resistant.
- Aggressive non-slip bottom with easy to attach quick-release straps keep cushion in place.
- Meets CA 117-2013 standards.