NYOrtho APEX Pommel Wheelchair Cushion Cooling Gel-Foam High Density Non Slip Water Resistant Prevent Pressure Injuries, Hip Positioning
Patients at low risk for pressure injuries, requiring hip positioning.
For patients requiring hip positioning, the NYOrtho APEX™ Pommel Gel-Foam Cushion features an innovative design that chambers the dual gel-pod closer to the top of the cushion providing a cooler interface between the patient and wheelchair. A high-performance, stretch cover improves moisture evaporation, enhancing APEX™ design features.
- Pommel helps keep knees separated, preventing hip rotation.
- Innovative APEX design, cools and reduces body interface pressure.
- Dual density foam layers provides a soft top entry layer promoting direct interface with cooling gel-pod and a higher density base layer for support and pressure distribution.
- Dual chambered gel-pod reduces gel migration and dissipates metabolic heat, continuously maintaining a cool interface between the body and cushion.
- High performance pressure reducing fabric promotes healing via active evaporation of moisture and cooling at patient pressure points. Antimicrobial, water-resistant and mildew-resistant.
- Aggressive non-slip bottom with easy to attach quick-release straps keep cushion in place.
- Meets CA 117-2013 standards.