NYOrtho APEX CORE Wheelchair Cushion Cooling Gel-Foam High Density Rigid Firm Foundation Base Layer Eliminates Hammock Effect, Non Slip Water Resistant Prevent Pressure Injuries
Patients at risk for pressure ulcers.
The NYOrtho APEX CORE™ Gel-Foam Cushion combines a firm core foundation that eliminates hammocking with the superlative APEX™ innovative design that chambers the gel-pod closer to the top of the cushion, providing a cooler interface between the patient and wheelchair. A high-performance stretch cover improves moisture evaporation and enhances the APEX™ design features.
- Firm CORE Foundation: High density beveled polyethylene provides a firm foundation that eliminates hammocking.
- Innovative APEX™ Design Cools and Reduces Body Interface Pressure: Dual density foam layers provide a soft top entry layer promoting direct interface with cooling gel-pod and a higher density base layer for support and pressure distribution. This top-design brings the gel-pod up close so you can feel the superior comfort and stability.
- Breathable Stretch Removable Cover: High performance pressure reducing fabric promotes healing via active evaporation of moisture and cooling at patient pressure points. Antimicrobial, water-resistant and mildew-resistant.
- Aqueous Dual Gel-Pod: Dual chamber gel-pod reduces gel migration.
- Aggressive non-slip bottom with easy to attach quick-release straps keep cushion in place.
- Meets CA 117-2013 standards.