NYOrtho APEX Anti-Thrust Wheelchair Cushion Cooling Gel-Foam High Density Non Slip Water Resistant Prevent Pressure Injuries
Patients at risk for pressure ulcers, requiring anterior buildup at mid-line to prevent forward ischial migrations.
The NYOrtho APEX™ Anti-Thrust Gel-Foam Cushion, designed to prevent forward ischial migration and to provide greater lateral stability, features an innovative design that chambers the dual gel-pod closer to the top of the cushion, providing a cooler interface between the patient and wheelchair. A high-performance stretch cover improves moisture evaporation, enhancing APEX™ design features.
- Anti-thrust design prevents forward ischial migration.
- Innovative APEX design cools and reduces body interface pressure.
- Dual density foam layers provide a soft top entry layer, promoting direct interface with cooling gel-pod and a higher density base layer for support and pressure distribution.
- Chambered dual gel-pod reduces gel migration and dissipates metabolic heat, continuously maintaining a cool interface between the body and cushion.
- High-performance pressure reducing fabric promotes healing via active evaporation of moisture and cooling at patient pressure points. Antimicrobial, water-resistant and mildew-resistant.
- Aggressive non-slip bottom with easy to attach quick-release straps keep cushion in place.
- Meets CA 117-2013 standards.